Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Are you there, Lord?

Hey! It's my birthday today!! I'm a whole whopping 23 years old! That's crazy!



And hello - Whoa! What a start to the beginning of this brand new chapter in my life! Upon arrival in New Jersey, Mom and I barely beat Hurricane Irene! We were fortunate enough to get the cars unloaded before the storms began! But oh boy, once those storms started it was insane. Turns out, there was a tree about 4 houses up that took out a telephone pole and the wires - which is why for over 48 hours I have had no electricity. Talk about an adventure! Especially since it could be as early as September 4th before our electricity is restored!!! Finally last night, the ladies I live with and I decided it's time for me to relocate until the electricity comes back on! Fortunately, a friend of mine who I went to IUP with lives only a half hour away from Princeton and has graciously opened his home to me until that day comes when the electricity is back in full swing! (Thanks, Tim!!!!)

Throughout these whole past few crazy insane days it has been difficult for me to stop and be able to recognize the Lord still ever present with me every step of the way! In fact, it wasn't until Adam so kindly posted birthday wishes on my facebook with that very reminder - "The Lord is with you every step of the way..." - that I remembered to stop and take time to thank Him for, amidst the crazy insanity of the turn of events, still being always with me! How AWESOME is that? So okay, there's this ridiculous hurricane that's devastated tons of homes, places, torn apart families, flooded roads, etc.... but the Lord is still personally hanging out with ME for the day? How could I be so selfish to not even recognize that fact? Truth is, whether I have electricity or not, I am guilty of constantly becoming so wrapped up in my own life that I completely forget that oh hey - there you are, Lord! Instead of it being "Are you there, Lord?" it truly should be "Hey, Lord! Thanks for spending the day with me!" How easily we take advantage of such an amazing blessing and promise, that the Lord of All will ALWAYS be with us no matter what! I just love it! And of course, it became harder to differentiate all of this insanity around new beginnings AND my birthday!! What a birthday present, right? Right this very minute I have been 23 years old for 12 hours and 14 minutes. Whoa! That will take some getting used to!

As I sit here in this awesome looking Starbucks awaiting Tim's arrival home in which I can go meet him, I just keep thinking how absolutely thankful I am. Scared, yes. Nervous, yes. Worried, yes. Frightened, yes. Absolutely without a doubt just sick with worry over these placement exams - yes I really absolutely without a doubt know I should've studied more. Really I should be studying right now since all of our exams were pushed back a day due to the electric outage on campus too! And I will here once I finish this, but I thought it would be good to take a moment to update all of you on this crazy new adventure I'm on, with God in the driver's seat! I'm merely riding alongside Him as these plans for my future He has unfold before my very eyes. It really is the neatest and most amazing thing to be able to see Him absolutely fulfill every promise He has ever made us! I love it. And I love Him! And I am absolutely beyond thankful that I have the Lord who is ever so gracious and kind behind the wheel of my life, directing me amidst the chaotic insanity that sometimes ensues!

Are you there, Lord? Well of course you are! And I am here, ready and willing to be quiet and listen for You to speak to my heart, Lord. And to live in the breathtaking truth that You are with me always, even now as I chill out here in this Starbucks writing this blog. Wow!

Have not I commanded you? Be strong, vigorous, and very courageous. Be not afraid, neither be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. - Joshua 1:9 (Amplified)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be published as soon as I receive the notification to approve it. :)